Strange timeline behaviour...can anyone help? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 9th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Strange timeline behaviour...can anyone help?

Hi Guys,

When syncing audio to video, especially dialogue, I sometimes move frame by frame using the right and left arrow keys to fine tune the sync and check things are running in time.

Now when I do this, FCP doesn't play sound when i scrub through frame by frame. I only get audio playback when i press play. This makes manual syncing difficult.

Can anyone help figure out why this has stopped? In summary, I want the audio to still play a snippet when i click through frame by frame as it previously did, whereas now it stays silent.

hope you can help!

Edit: I've found a solution, sorry to waste time! For reference the "Audio Scrubbing" had been turned off and I turned it back on by pressing Shift+S

Last edited by Neil Rostance; March 9th, 2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Sorted it
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite