Denoiser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 13th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Major Player

Denoiser

I'm using Red Giants Denoiser. On some of my clips, in the FC timeline, after I apply the denoise filter and render, I get blue blocks. Is there some way to avoid this? Am I trying to use too much of the filter? On other clips, works perfect. I'm not sure why this happens on some and not others?

Never used this filter before, just trying to clean up a bunch of clips.
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Denoiser

I have the Red Giant Denoiser plugin as well (best denoise plugin I have used in my limited experience), however, I have never gotten the blue blocks you are speaking of. Do you have a screen shot to what you are talking about? I've googled the problem, but nothing comes up.
Sam Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Troiano View Post
I'm using Red Giants Denoiser. On some of my clips, in the FC timeline, after I apply the denoise filter and render, I get blue blocks. Is there some way to avoid this? Am I trying to use too much of the filter? On other clips, works perfect. I'm not sure why this happens on some and not others?

Never used this filter before, just trying to clean up a bunch of clips.
The funky Blue screen seems to be a known issue with this plug in - I've seen it reported elsewhere and experienced it myself. In fact, this is the most buggy plug-in I've ever used - a whole range of bugs occur from weird render issues, blue blocks, crashing fcp... you name it.

The filter can have wonderful results, when it works. I've reported my issues to Red Giant and they replied - to their credit - both with an offer of a refund and noting that their engineers are currently working on correcting issues with the plugin.

It really does a stellar job, when it's not causing all kinds of trouble :-)
Josh Dahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #4
New Boot

Are you using the trial version. Sounds silly, but I had the blocks when trial. I purchased it and now they are gone. Could be coincidence though. I haven't had any crashing yet...fingers crossed
Dawn Minenna is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite