How can I get my logo to roll in sync with credit scroll outro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 11th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #1
Major Player

How can I get my logo to roll in sync with credit scroll outro?

The only way I can think of is to place a png of my logo where I want it (after the last credit) and spend hours trying to get it the same speed, or have it fade up - which is the alternative. There may not be an answer to my question, but for once I am asking an advanced question which will hopefully help others!

And why does FCP respond so badly to a copy and paste r.e. the end credits? They come up in one long line.

Last edited by Cameron Poole; May 11th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.
Cameron Poole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: How can I get my logo to roll in sync with credit scroll outro?

In FCP you have to keyframe the movement of the logo to match. There's some trial and error involved.

In Motion, you would place your text & logo in the same layer & apply the credit roll behavior to the layer.

In AE, you would parent the logo to the text and then move the text.
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Major Player

With your logo down low and out of the frame, go to the very first frame before you start seeing credits roll up.

Keyframe position.

Now go through your timeline and the first frame when the line of credits dissapears that you keyframed to initially and move your logo up all the way and out of the frame.

Keyframe position.

You might have to tweak the spacing a bit if your logo is a bit bigger. What you did though, is set the distance traveled/time it took, which is all your trying to synch up.
Justin Molush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Major Player

I'd say just do it in Motion. You'll have a lot more control & it'll take no time.

If you don't know how to use Motion, well why not start now? If you know FCP pretty well, Motion shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Even just a basic beginner online "how-to" & you'll be able to do the credit / logo with ease.
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:49 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Poole View Post
...They come up in one long line.
Are you saying the list of credits is just one line of text from let to right and does not appear as a scroll from bottom to top of the screen? If so, you have to press the return key between each line in your credits. This is done in the text box of the Controls tab of the text object in your timeline.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Like other said you can

1) move the graphic in fcp but this can be a little tricky to match the same speed of the scrolling text.

2) do it in another program. I actually like to use photoshop to create the text as a graphic and then import it into fcp as graphic and scroll it there. in this method you would put the logo into photoshop with the text
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I sometimes build credits in Photoshop as one very tall graphic. I then keyframe it in FCP (or AE). Makes retiming, if needed, very simple.
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I hope this isn't too late for your project... Check out the free plugins from Alex4D:

Final Cut home alex4d: Editing organazized

There is a "closing credits" generator that allows for some interesting effects with multiple fonts and colors, but more critically, better control over timing than the standard Final Cut generator.

To go with it, there is a "move" generator which will move an image and it uses similar controls to the "closing credits", making it easy to sync the two.
Bob Richardson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite