export animation of key- problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 30th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Major Player

export animation of key- problem

ok. i export a keyed sequence that has one track with the main chroma key, and another track of the same video above with a matte inside the body to keep the 'insides' from being keyed out. looks great in the canvas and i painstakingly key-framed the upper matte over 4 hours!!!
wonderful, except i want to export the sequence as Animation, millions of colors+, and to keep the alpha, i do NOT render the timeline before export (as i think is the only way to keep the alpha...). BUT the exported movie does NOT keep the upper track, so there are holes in the key. what the what???
any big brain know what i have done wrong?
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:52 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: export animation of key- problem

oh. never mind!
SOLVED: i didn't disable/delete the chroma key in the top video track. but still confused as to why the canvas did not show the holes in the key? weird.
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite