FCP not seeing your camera? Try this - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 17th, 2009, 05:03 AM   #31
Major Player

Just do an "Easy Setup". That will apply the most appropriate device control settings.
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Non-Linear Editing on the Mac

Hi Chris,
I've tried that already (several times), it didn't work.
Today I spoke to Apple Pro Applications: Neither FCP Studio & FCP Studio 2 officially recognizes the HvR-Z7P camera, so no help from them.
But there must be a way around, because some (or most) of you guys are using it successfully.
The next thing I do: go back from Panther to Tiger, after all, FCP Studio is about 4 years old.
Thanks for your help.
Gerd.
Gerd Kogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:31 AM   #33
Major Player

The Z7P certainly works with Final Cut Studio 2. Double check your camera settings, try trashing the Final Cut Pro preferences, etc. There's plenty of advice of what to do already listed in this thread. What format are you recording to? CF Card? Double check all these things, as it SHOULD work fine. Does it work with any other editing packages (i.e. iMovie)?
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 07:11 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Thanks for your help again, Chris. I just dig in with the heels and go through all settings again - until it works. There is simply no other option, but I am not in a hurry with it.
Still working on SD on my other computer hard drive, so I did not have to touch these settings.
Cheers, Gerd.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 05:17 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Have re-installed Tiger and FCP 5 without updates, and it works fine now. It seems to be a compatibility problem, when software components are updated several times, but the core of the software program lags 3-4 years behind.
On capture it divides my selected footage into separate clips at the stop and start points within camera recordings.
Carl Walters highlighted this problem earlier today, perhaps it can be finetuned in the preferences/settings.
Gerd
Old April 3rd, 2009, 04:59 PM   #36
Regular Crew

I had the same issue. I tried everything and nothing worked until I trashed FCPs Preference Files, and now it works OK!.

I have FCP 6.0.4 and a Sony HVR-Z7.
Matias Baridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Reset Camera

FCP would not recognize my Canon XHA1. I reset the camera to it's default settings. Works fine. To reset you need a paper clip as a tool and insert it in the small hole that lies in the LCD bay adjacent to the speaker. Hold down for 5 seconds and walla.

Enjoy
Kent Jakusz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite