Thunderbolt Display on Mac Pro early 2009 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 28th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Thunderbolt Display on Mac Pro early 2009

So I bought the new Thunderbolt Display with my new Macbook Pro and it works perfect on it. The problem is that I thought there would be a connection to my Mac Pro early 2009 as well, but there isn't. Now I see that the Apple store says it only works on machines with a Thunderbolt connection.

But I am in doubt what to do now. Wait for a Mac Pro TB GPU upgrade kit to become available and then it might work or exchange it for the old Cinema Display that will definitely work, but then miss the HD camera and really sweet connection to the macbook pro.

Help me out? :-)
Old October 2nd, 2011, 05:38 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Thunderbolt Display on Mac Pro early 2009

So Intel supposed to have said that they won't make adapters and you won't be able to connect a Thunderbolt to an old Mac Pro and MinidisplayPort won't work. So only option left is the Cinema Display. Crazy!

display - Can I connect a DisplayPort monitor to the Thunderbolt port on a Mac, and vice-versa? - Super User
Old October 2nd, 2011, 05:46 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Thunderbolt Display on Mac Pro early 2009

This is the reference to the story that Intel has no plans for a PCIe card. Thunderbolt: Apple and Intel's new interconnect | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite