DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Media Offline??? No it isn't!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/501860-media-offline-no-isnt.html)

Cameron Poole October 21st, 2011 07:11 PM

Media Offline??? No it isn't!!!

As usual, I have ALL related files in one project folder. As I was accumulating png files I decided to create a sub folder (within the main folder) and it all went wrong from there.

I've dragged the png's back to the main folder where they were, I've deleted them and re-dragged them into the canvas bin, I've double clicked them in the timeline and seen the image in the viewer, but when the project is played any png's I had moved into the sub folder have been replaced by MEDIA OFFLINE.

I want to sling this laptop off my balcony.

Justin Molush October 21st, 2011 07:16 PM

Re: Media Offline??? No it isn't!!!

FCP7 or FCPX?

Cameron Poole October 21st, 2011 07:59 PM

FCP 7

Just did a Quicktime compression and the png's aren't there, got spinning media offline message instead.

I have put the SAME png files back where they were in the project file AND put them back/deleted/put them back into the browser.

Edward Mendoza October 22nd, 2011 12:42 AM

Make sure the original files are in the original place and OPEN a previously saved version of your project from the AUTOSAVE VAULT, specifically a version from a date/time prior to you making those folder changes.

Cameron Poole October 22nd, 2011 01:38 AM

It worked, for 90% of the render. The last split second still has the media offline logo.

Fortunately it wasn't a complicated keyframe, so I re-imported it from my external HD and changed it's name and imported it as a new file, deleting all evidence of the glitchy one.

Les Wilson October 22nd, 2011 04:49 AM

Look into "reconnect media" function on the right click menu. Once you tell fcp where one file is, it reconnect as many as possible ( there's a checkbox telling it to do that). It sounds like you might have imported them from an external hard disk by mistake thinking it was a local version that you had imported from. . Not sure but reconnect media would have solved the problem in less than a minute.

Phillip Palacios October 28th, 2011 08:05 AM

I've always had trouble with PNG's in Final Cut. I use Tiff or Jpgs

Justin Molush October 28th, 2011 08:39 AM

Huh - that is really weird. I consistently use .PNGs in FCP7 and havent had the issue where it wouldn't recognize the .PNG, even after I have to scrounge across 2-3 external drives to find all the assets when I revisit projects after a year...

There must be something else going on - it is completely updated right?

David W. Jones October 29th, 2011 11:41 AM

Les is correct, reconnect media!