DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 28th, 2011, 05:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How to Create Effect

Does anyone know if this is a plugin (third party or ideally already in FCP) which can achieve the effect of breaking an image into 'blocks' as per the video below:

I appreciate you could do this laboriously by hand by creating separate timelines and then moving the images around but there must be a quicker way. Also interested in know how the 'lines' move through the image to break it up into separate parts as in the video above.

Many thanks!

Tim
Tim Davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: How to Create Effect

I use Adobe on Windows but maybe this will help. Since the video with the lines is complete (not chopped up into 3 pieces) in AE the lines would just be Solids that slide off the screen or zoom to 0. In PP it would be Title Rectangle tool. Maybe look at that area in FCS.

As for the seperate videos, I don't see any other way other than make a sequence (not sure what it's called in FCS) and put videos in 3 places. Once it's done, you can just copy the sequence over and over and replace the video references.
Kawika Ohumukini is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite