How can I prevent lines on motion zoom picture shots? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 7th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #1
Major Player

How can I prevent lines on motion zoom picture shots?

When animating png's or jpegs there is a lack of clarity the closer the object gets when zooming using the motion controls. My latest client is very happy with the video and this is his only beef and my boss has asked me to correct it. I explained that the quality is probably limited to the size of the png's supplied by the client to which he replied, "whatever, just take care of it" which leaves me in a difficult position because quality of image has always been compromised by effects shots the bigger the subject is.

A member of this forum who has be consistently helpful to me suggested on another thread to 'select deinterlace in the visual details settings (command-J) and take a screen shot off the player.' however for some reason I don't even have Preferences on my Quicktime player.

Was I right in assuming the issue is to do with png file size or, especially in the case of effects shots, do I simply need to get Quicktime Pro?
Cameron Poole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: How can I prevent lines on motion zoom picture shots?

The size of the source is critical -- if you are taking an area of picture that only has a couple of hundred pixels of width, and zooming it to fill a couple of thousands of pixels of output, something has to give ...

But also important are questions of interlace, and output format. If you are outputting to a progressive HD format you might be happier with the results than if you are exporting an interlaced SD format, despite the smaller size of the latter.

What are the dimensions of the source photo, the area of the photo you zoom to & the output format you are producing?

Cheers,
GB
R Geoff Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite