Weird FCP5 issue with HDV filter handling? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 5th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #1
Trustee

Weird FCP5 issue with HDV filter handling?

Hello everyone.
I'm having trouble with FCP5's handling of filters in an HDV project. I have a source clip that I can see in the viewer window, when I select in/out points and insert it into the timeline it's fine(so it's just a small piece of a larger clip)- but then I double click it to make the clip active in the viewer window and apply some color corrections- the whole source clip is becoming affected.....this wasn't how FCP4.5 behaved with DV footage as I've done this plenty of times before...am I missing something or is there a bug somewhere or a setting off?
Can't a clip be cut with a razor and modified with filters w/o affecting it's source clip? I just want the "piece" color corrected- not the entire source clip????
Thanks guys.
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

FCP 5 Filter handling

I would make an independant clip from your in and out points and then apply the filter to that. That should solve your problem.

If anyone else has a different or better method, please chime in!

Lewis

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite