DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 6th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

audio sync drift - fcp to adobe and back

I've done this many time before but on this one project, I'm having a problem.

I have edited FCP sequences that I export the audio as a .wav (48 KHz), import the wav's into Adobe Audition and then export back as wav's and reimport into FCP.

One particular sequence, the audio is slightly out of sync once reimported into FCP, and as the clip goes on the sync gets worse. The audio remains 48KHz the whole time so I don't know what the problem is. In fact, the reimported audio is visibly 9 frame longer than it's source on the timeline.

Any suggestions?

-denez
Denez McAdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: audio sync drift - fcp to adobe and back

by the way, it looks like I solved the issue. For some reason, the "Editing Timebase" of the sequence was off, listed at 25 [fps] instead of 29.97 [fps]. You can't change this setting apparently, so the only way was to create a new sequence with the correct timebase (I just dragged and dropped some footage to set automatically) and then copied and pasted the old sequence. I also had to re-export and re-import the audio files, but all was well after that.

-denez
Denez McAdoo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite