Workflow question using files from HXR-NX5U & GY-HM100U into FC7 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 15th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Workflow question using files from HXR-NX5U & GY-HM100U into FC7

"Send to Compressor" is a tricky proposition in FCPX as well. Best used with simple projects.

My experience is that if you use "Make Self-contained" most exports will work if the footage has been transcoded to ProRes before editing. Editing non-ProRes footage on a ProRes timeline seems to help as well.
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #17
Major Player

Shaun, my apologies, - Agreed, I knew what you actually meant, it was just the terms self contained and reference which could be confusing to someone who is not as familiar with FCP outputs as you and I.
(OK, you beat me, I started on 2.0.1).
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM   #18
Major Player

I passed on everyone's information to the editor and editing team, and they have fixed the problem.

PHEW!!! I would have notified everyone sooner but too busy jumping for joy to get the project on track. ;)

If you don't mind me asking everyone a different question, have you been involved in a shoot (whether professional or personal) that took longer than a year to complete. And if so, was it due to technical issues? lack of resources? lack of personel? The reason I asked is that I've been working on this music documentary since Nov 2011, and just find it crazy that with every precaution made to wrap up the project in a few months, there were problems that came up that threw my time table out the window.
Robert Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite