Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 25th, 2016, 08:02 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Final Cut 6 updates not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Young View Post
FCP 6.0.6 should be here... I think!

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl854?locale=en_US
Probably best for you to actually click the download button first so you could have seen that it's not really there.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 08:12 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
Probably best for you to actually click the download button first so you could have seen that it's not really there.
;-)

Hasn't been available as a download from Apple for several years, Dropboxed a copy to Brett.
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:38 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
That's why I said "I think." I didn't want to download it as I'm not on Apple. At least it was a link that could be referred back to Apple Support.

I'm now curious as to what the 149.28MB DMG file that is linked to to behind the second "Download" button. So you are saying that the "Pro Applications Update 2008-05" doesn't contain the Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 package?

Not knowing how Apple works in its mysterious ways it's all a bit confusing.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 11:27 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
That's why I said "I think." I didn't want to download it as I'm not on Apple.
Why would that matter? What did you think would happen?

Quote:
So you are saying that the "Pro Applications Update 2008-05" doesn't contain the Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 package?
That is correct.

Quote:
Not knowing how Apple works in its mysterious ways it's all a bit confusing.
Not any more mysterious than expecting all updates to be available from software from 2007.
Old February 27th, 2016, 06:18 AM   #20
Trustee

You sound like you are all in a huff over this Gary:))

As for updates I don't know how Apple works but if I log into my Sony account everything I have ever purchased from Sony, even when it was Sonic Foundry before Sony bought them out is still available for me to download. Every different program, every version, every update, twenty - seven of them in all from my beginnings with them in 2002. So I'm used to updates being available. I was not aware that Apple didn't work the same way.

Gary how would I know what was in a DMG file downloaded onto a PC. I have in fact since last post downloaded it in case it was useful to any DVInfo FCP aficionados.

As it was listed as "ProApplicationsUpdate2008-05" under the 6.0.6 page link I assumed that it may have the 6.0.6 update included. Further enquiries indicate it contains 6.0.5 just like the following version of "ProApplicationsUpdate2009-01" carried 7.0.1, quote:

"Pro Applications Update 2009-01 includes Final Cut Pro 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Soundtrack Pro 3.0.1, Color 1.5.1, and Compressor 3.5.1. The 243MB download is available from Apple’s Support Website as well as through Software Update." Quoted from Macworld:

Pro Applications Update tackles Final Cut Studio | Macworld.

So I was correct in assuming that there was an FCP update included in that DMG just not 6.0.6.

Gary I would hope you pointing out the error of my ways was you being a little facetious, yes? Anyhow I think the points made are moot and that the matter is now pretty well exhausted and not worth any further posts as the OP has kindly been helped out by Dave F. via his 6.0.6 update. Anyone agree?

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Old February 27th, 2016, 07:04 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Quote:
I would hope you pointing out the error of my ways was you being a little facetious
You at least tried to help which we only can encourage, I wouldn't get worked up by people who do just the opposite.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2016, 08:02 PM   #22
Trustee

Only trying to help and agreed N.P.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Old February 27th, 2016, 09:14 PM   #23
Inner Circle

Quote:
Only trying to help and agreed N.P.
Which is, clearly, why you decided to chime in on the subject (being in a Windows environment) that you don't actually know about after the issue had already been resolved. Assuming, of course, that it was a simple Google search that you could do to find the update and everyone else was just being dense. And, of course having been previously mentioned, after Dave had already indicated he could provide the solution.

So what help were you giving exactly?
Old February 28th, 2016, 12:13 AM   #24
Trustee

Still in a petulant huff eh! About as much help as your suggestion I guess... which was nil. Go on, have the last word then if it's so important to you.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Old February 28th, 2016, 07:30 AM   #25
Inner Circle

Quote:
Still in a petulant huff eh! About as much help as your suggestion I guess... which was nil.
My help for you was invaluable. I'm sorry that you decided to get some attention and chime in with what turned out to be no help at all (and if you had actually read the thread you would have read that the update isn't actually on Apple's site) and made yourself look silly. Sorry that does not sit well with you, and now trying to save face has made you look even more so.

Quote:
Go on, have the last word then if it's so important to you.
Thank you, I will. You see, I too have gone through the deep Internet search to find that actual FCP 6.0.6 update, and like Dave, I actually have it and can Dropbox it. Which, without having to lift a finger (since Dave had already been kind enough to help Brett out) is still more of a solution than all your prating about has been.

Last edited by Gary Huff; February 28th, 2016 at 11:50 AM.
Old May 13th, 2017, 01:29 PM   #26
Tourist

Hi all,

I have a similar problem to the above poster, and am in need of the FCP 6.0.6 update. I have found that this update is still not available anywhere (from Apple or anywhere else i can access)... i have 6.0 on a computer and need to open files made with 6.0.6.

Does anyone by chance still have an available download of the 6.0.6 update?

Thanks so much in advance!
Toby Kaufmann-Buhler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2017, 02:29 PM   #27
Major Player

I can help you out - PM me.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite