Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 8th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Strange FCP7 Capture problem

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to capture material from a PAL HDV minidv tape via FCP7. After finally getting a PAL Canon camera that will read the tapes (originally shot on a Canon, and thus not readable by Sony decks), I'm still having problems doing the capture. The entire tape will capture just fine, but for some reason, the last two clips - even though they look EXACTLY like the others in terms of file naming convention, etc., are NOT readable by QT or by FCP. I don't understand this at all, since the files were created by FCP itself during the capture, in the same batch etc. as all the rest, and the play back looked fine on the camera. Yet NONE of my video programs are able to open these two .mov files! Weird!

Has anyone seen a problem like this before? Any idea what may be causing it? I need to get this footage captured, and now that it is it isn't readable? I have never seen anything like this before... Would GREATLY appreciate any thoughts - as I need to return this rented equipment soon...
Thanks!
Aya Okawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Strange FCP7 Capture problem

Find the 2 files on your scratch disk using the Finder, what are the file sizes? You should also have iMovie - can you capture just that portion of the tape using iMovie?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite