Safari Download at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 28th, 2005, 11:17 PM   #1
Major Player

Safari Download

Hi all- was wondering if anyone else had encountered this issue- basically i've bought a new G5 (woohoo!) and when plugin in my Microsoft intellimouse it said i had to d/l a driver- no probs, i've done it before- so i go to the microsoft site and attempt to download- no go.. i try Zdnet- also no go- what happens is the download screen it says 'attempted download 8.2kb of 6.2bm file- Cannon create file' which is really weird - i'd really like to get the driver to update the mouse settings- anyone have any ideas? (p.s same thing happens when i try downloading other items!)
am not quite sure where to put this so hopefully this is the right forum- cheers!

p.s on the side note i tried downloading using the admin user which is the original user in the accounts part and that worked fine- but under the user with my name on it - still the same thing- dang thing downloads like 8k and nada- i've even changed my user to admin more and no difference. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Vishal Gurung; September 28th, 2005 at 11:53 PM.
Vishal Gurung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 06:51 AM   #2
Trustee

You don't need drivers on a Mac...it should just work fine. At the very most you might want to look around for software to tweak the performance of the mouse. But, I always plug-in Micro$oft mouses when I use Mac's and they just work all by themselves..
Old September 29th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher C. Murphy
You don't need drivers on a Mac...it should just work fine. At the very most you might want to look around for software to tweak the performance of the mouse. But, I always plug-in Micro$oft mouses when I use Mac's and they just work all by themselves..

thanks Chris- well what i did was i downloaded the .dmg file thru the user Admin and it worked- thing is, even stuff from apples download sites doesn't seem to want to download thru my username even after having admin privelages... it's probably something simple i've missed, but i haven't a clue on how to ensure i have full download capabilities- anyone?
Old September 29th, 2005, 10:23 AM   #4
Wrangler

While logged in through the original admin account, go to System Preferences > Accounts and select your user name. Click Security and click the checkbox "allow user to administer this computer." It will ask for the admin password to complete this.

However, you must have done something wrong during the inital setup script because it should have set this up for you. Make sure that all accounts with admin priveleges have passwords.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 10:46 AM   #5
Warden

What version of Safari and what version of 10.4 is on the G5?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 11:24 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Donald
What version of Safari and what version of 10.4 is on the G5?
hmm good question- i'm @ work right now so i can only assume it's the latest version because i did a software update and everything was up to date so basically Tiger and latest version of safari- I'm thinking it could be a safari issue under my admin name because it asked me a weird keychain question in the beginning where i had to type in my admin pw- but then i could and most probably am wrong- does this help? :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite