Video Mosaic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 15th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Video Mosaic

Hi everyone, I saw a videographer's demo and he had done soemthing i've been trying to do in my post production. Basically its a video photo mosaic. Yes, video Mosaic. It shows the picture of the B&G and then it pulls out and slowly joined with other pictures of them and then zooms out to show a mosaic of them, very nice. But i dont know if that was done on a mac or pc. I have a PowerMac G5 dual 2.5 with 2.5gb ram, does anyone have any suggestion on what software that can do that on a mac? Thank you in advance.
Mike Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2005, 12:24 PM   #2
Wrangler

I really can't visualize what you're describing, but have a look at Apple Motion. You could certainly do something along these lines with it.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2005, 12:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Boyd. Well u know what a mosiac looks like with all the smaller pictures forms one larger image. Well this video that the guy did, started out as one single image of that larger image, then it zooms out to show you the entire mosiac. I see there's some software for just photo mosaic but that's it. Does that make any sense?
Mike Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #4
Wrangler

Does it just zoom out on a stationary block of pictures? If so then you could create a high res image of that in photoshop and import into FCP where you could keyframe a zoom out.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite