DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 19th, 2005, 08:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

file locked

I'm at work and FCP is sayibg we can't save because the file is lovked... i did a search and found nothing. Anyone have any ideas?
Old December 10th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Regular Crew

For anyone what runs into this. If you have multiple users on a FCP Xsan setup and someone creates a folder on the server and you have a project in that folder you will not be able to autosave to it. You will get file errors, you can also not manually save to it. The owner of the folder (get info) can changes the permissions so that you can autosave/save there, but only they can do it.

Also if you open a project file and it will not let you edit log entries, even if the media is not connected select it and disconnect media. It's a workaround for some weird bug.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite