DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 24th, 2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Compressing FCP footage and getting it pixelated

I have read everything and checked everywhere. I need someone who can correspond through emails and take some time to really help me out.

So here is the thing. I have 15 minutes of miniDV footage rendered and edited on final cut pro. For best results I was told to. Convert it to a quicktime movie...take it into compressor...do the high quality 60 minute option...take the two files (video and sound) put them into dvd studio pro and then make the dvd...well the words came out fuzzy, it was stilla little jagged around the edges...I mean if this is top quality, then top quality sucks, so I must be doing something wrong...please help.
Old October 25th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #2
Major Player

I'm not sure by you're post if you actually burned the DVD or not. The simulator in DVDSP will not give you full quality. Sorry if you already know that :-)
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:28 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes I actually didnt know that but found it out once I burned it...however there is still some loss in quality and the reds bleed some...I just dont see how this wouldnt give you professional dvd quality...its professional software...
Old October 27th, 2005, 04:20 PM   #4
Regular Crew

what version of the software are you using?

Do you have the manual handy for compressor?

I think looking into your preset options and setting the most optimal bit-rates may help you in some quality improvement.

When you use 'edit to tape' or 'print to video' to see your sequence through an external monitor how does it look?
Old October 27th, 2005, 08:44 PM   #5
Major Player

How are you generating text? It can be a little tricky to get good looking text sometimes and the text generator in FCP is not regarded as one of the best. Does your text look jaggy on the computer screen or TV or both?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite