DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 28th, 2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

PAL DVDs

I need to create both a NTSC and PAL formatted DVD. I will be using FCP 4 and IDVD 4. The originating footage is all NTSC. Can someone descibe the workflow. I've never had to create a PAL DVD before so I'm not certain of the proper procedure. I do know that you must select PAL in the iDVD preferences, but I also believe the source footage must be converted to PAL as well. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks, Aldo
Aldo Visaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #2
Major Player

You will have to convert the footage to PAL then probably just check a box somewhere in iDVD. You can convert using the Nattress Standards Conversion filters in FCP4 or you can have a post house do a tape-to-tape conversion for you. Compressor 2 from Final Cut Studio does NTSC-PAL conversion, so if you can get access to that it might make your life easier.
Zach Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info Zach. This clears things up for me.
Cheers, Aldo
Aldo Visaggio is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite