Mac OS 10.2.3 NOW Available - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 31st, 2002, 01:13 AM   #16
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Apparently Apple's pretty disappointed at the relatively low OS-X adoption rate so far. So it's deal time.

OK, Vic, make a pot of java, print-out the MacWorld recommended dance steps (that Jeff posted above) and ring-in the new year with 10.2.3! (And if it turns you box into a boat anchor don't tell us. <g>)

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2002, 08:23 AM   #17
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Ken Tanaka : Apparently Apple's pretty disappointed at the relatively low OS-X adoption rate so far. So it's deal time.

OK, Vic, make a pot of java, print-out the MacWorld recommended dance steps (that Jeff posted above) and ring-in the new year with 10.2.3! (And if it turns you box into a boat anchor don't tell us. <g>) -->>>

Ken,

I thought that Apple was going to "force" people to upgrade to OSX, by working with software vendors (i.e. - new versions of software will only run in OSX).
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2002, 10:41 AM   #18

With adoption rates dragging, Apple's having a hard time convincing certain sw developers to convert their products (particularly audio toys). It looks like Apple's new hardball strategy will be that new Macs manufactured after a certain date in 2003 will be unable to boot into OS 9.

Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

Old December 31st, 2002, 06:29 PM   #19
Major Player

I've been sitting here in the shop staring at the unopened Jaguar box, wondering if the yet-to-be-started projects are relegated to a long wait while I figure out what bad things happened to my MAC......

Actually, I got sidetacked by the bowl games.

:)
Old December 31st, 2002, 06:41 PM   #20
Major Player

One more thought -- Ken, did you do a clean install?
Old December 31st, 2002, 06:52 PM   #21

No, Vic. I actually did an update from 10.2.2. Had no trouble whatsoever.

Old December 31st, 2002, 08:47 PM   #22
Major Player

OK -- I was thinking of the upgrade from (good old) 10.1.5, which is what I'm stilll running. This will be my first move into the 10.2 arena. I think it was the October issue of Macworld that recommended a clean install to Jaguar.
Old January 1st, 2003, 07:07 PM   #23
Major Player

Vic i was in the same boat as you a month or so ago but took the plunge and with t he help from some links from Jeff Donald i did the archive and install on both my G4 and iMac of Jaguar with no problems! Go for it! also the 10.2.3 seems fine so far as well.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2003, 06:11 PM   #24
Major Player

I'm happy to report that I can still run FCP! The install went pretty well, including the updates from Apple for both Jag and FCP. I had to get a new twain driver for my Epson scanner and reload the Canon SP900 driver, but other than that, it seemed to work OK. I followed the procedures in the October Macworld, and that helped a bunch.

Now, it's on to learning the new goodies. Thanks for the words of encouragement -- when one has a couple of projects yet to be loaded, it tends to make one nervous about the possibility of spending more time getting the MAC back to normal than editing!

Cheers
Old January 2nd, 2003, 06:48 PM   #25

Good for you, Vic! Delighted to hear that all's well. Certainly there are hazards for each software update. But on the whole this one has been painless for me and has actually produced true benefits. I think you'll find the same.

Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite