Integrating Footage of Web Surfing into FinalCut at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 19th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #1
New Boot

Integrating Footage of Web Surfing into FinalCut

Hello All. My dilemma is that I've shot a rather lengthy presentation that utilized several interactive websites. I did not have access to a feed from the projector in the studio and therefore must somehow integrate the websites accessed during the presentation into my finished piece in post-production.
Any advice on how to "record" surfing the web and import into FinalCut 5 so I can cut to the websites during the presentation? I'm trying to stay away from hooking my laptop to a DV Deck and external television and then simply recording the feed from the TV (that always looks "muddy" to me) and it also seems to me there must be a better way than simply shooting my cinema display. Any thoughts, advice, or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
By the way, the work submitted on this site looks great.
Chris Lockerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 01:31 PM   #2
Wrangler

There is software out there that will let you record the screen to a movie file. The Mac application name escapes me at the moment but I've seen it used and it looks very good.

Try a Google search. Sorry I couldn't be more help but I wanted you to know that there is in fact a solution to your problem.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 06:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Snapz Pro is what you are looking for, it has a trial version available so if you record what you need fast it won't cost you anything.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite