Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 6th, 2006, 09:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shake

Hey all,
Just curious if anyone uses Shake, and if they had any tips on where to go to get further training, wether it be a website, DVDs, classes or anything else. Thanks for your time.

Alex B.
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I dont know your learning style but i always seem to learn stuff in a class type setting...so heres a link to "apples" "training centers"
http://www.apple.com/software/pro/training/centers.php

Heres some DVDs from this company CMI studios that i keep reading good reviews about. Plus they have some free tutorials you can check out as well.

www.cmistudios.com

and i dont know much about this one but again DVD style
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/shk_ble.html

hope this helps.....let me know how it goes cuz i just got shake myself and i kinda would like to know how to use it...since i bought it and all.....
Kevin Calumpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:56 AM   #3
Inner Circle

The tutorials that come with Shake are very good, as is its manual.

The Apple Pro Training Series title on Shake is also very good. More so that the same series on other application (well, just Final Cut Pro- that one is boring to go through).

2- I have another title from Gnomon (digital matte painting cityscapes) and it's very nice.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you for your replies, I'm gonna check all of it out. Thanks again.

Alex B.
Old February 7th, 2006, 02:54 PM   #5
Major Player

Shake is an absolutely fantastic and powerful compositing tool!
Quite addicting, actually, once you've gotten your head around the nodal compositing process.

For training: PixelCorps.
Tons of learn-at-your-own-pace, downloadable video training, plus SD and HD practice shots to work with. (Not to mention loads of experienced users on the private forums to help answer questions).
Old February 8th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #6
Regular Crew

It's a tough app to just sit down and learn. I've done this with all of the other programs I use, FCP, aftereffects, etc... but Shake isn't as intuitive as these others (to me at least). Definitely a book or the tutorials that come with it. A class would be great, but you move at a slower pace. Either way, a little help is always a good thing!
Joe Winchester is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite