DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 9th, 2006, 10:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Soundtrack Pro

Using Final Cut Pro I'm trying to export to soundtrack some audio that has some annoying clicks in it. I go to the waveform window and can't seem to locate the click/pop much less know how to process it... I look under the process menu and find that there isn't much obvious material for this sort of thing... can someone please help me, tell me what must be done in order to remove these mysterious click/pops?
Bruce Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 07:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Bruce, see if any of these get you started http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/...ro/quicktours/
Old February 10th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #3
Wrangler

Bruce, I responded to your original thread 4 days ago, but you didn't respond with more information, so we can't help you diagnose your problem any further.

These pops and clicks, since they are happening at cut points, are probably "virtual." Meaning, they don't actually exist in any of the audio files, but are heard when the cut is played back in real time. Soundtrack Pro is not going to help you eliminate something that doesn't exist.

So, as I suggested before you need to check a couple of things to diagnose the problem:
1. Check the original audio files you are using and confirm that they are all the same Khz rate and resolution (Ideally 48Khz, 16-bit.) They should also all be the same format (uncompressed AIF or WAV)

2. Try adding a 1-frame cross-fade to a "poppy" edit and see if the pop goes away. If it does, then this is an indication that it doesn't exist in the source file, but is probably FCP's response to "switching" Khz or codec in real time.

Try these things and give us some feedback so that we can either say "OK that's the problem, here's the simple solution" or "since that's not is, let's try check some other options."

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite