DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   FCP: HDV720p30 codec not found (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/60459-fcp-hdv720p30-codec-not-found.html)

William Hohauser February 11th, 2006 07:21 PM

FCP: HDV720p30 codec not found

I have a strange problem. Trying to capture my first test footage from the HD-100. FCP is not recognizing the camera. HDVxDV, however, works but is a slow process. iMovie also recognizes the camera but is equally slow.

FCP5 keeps giving me an error message "HDV720p30 codec not found". Sometimes the capture window recognizes the camera but will only capture audio. Other times it goes into non-controllable device mode and nothing works. The exported HDVxDV files work but I get a warning that they are not optimized for FCP.

I thought this might be related to the QuickTime receipt problem of last year so I followed the fix for that but it didn't help.

Any thoughts?

Tim Dashwood February 12th, 2006 10:16 AM

William,

Did you recently upgrade from Panther to Tiger? I did, and this also happened to me. I'm reinstalling FCP and will see if that changes anything.

William Hohauser February 12th, 2006 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
William,

Did you recently upgrade from Panther to Tiger? I did, and this also happened to me. I'm reinstalling FCP and will see if that changes anything.

This is not my usual business editing system, rather my home set-up. It is an iMac G4 1.25ghz. It was upgraded to Tiger a while ago and I installed FCP5 at the same time. I use this system for small animation projects and experimenting so I never have had to put it to a real footage test. Interestingly I just noticed that Compressor is still the old version so maybe I'll have to re-install FCP also. Unfortunately the discs are at the office and a blizzard is underway.

By the way, your HD-100 scene files are excellent and I will probably never go back to the JVC default. I extended your settings for a special saturated color style that I was trying to see if it was going overboard when I discovered this problem.

Tim Dashwood February 14th, 2006 05:08 PM

William,

If you updated to Tiger after you had already installed FCP5, you may not have the HDv codecs. Hopefully you told the installer to backup the old system to a "Previous Systems" folder.

What you need to find is the "AppleHDVCodec.component" codec. It should be located in your root/Library/Quicktime folder. Do a search with spotlight and hopefully you will find it in the "Previous Systems/Library/Quicktime" folder and then you can just move it into the proper Quicktime folder in your new system. The same goes for any other codecs that may have gone missing after the upgrade.

William Hohauser February 14th, 2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
William,

If you updated to Tiger after you had already installed FCP5, you may not have the HDv codecs. Hopefully you told the installer to backup the old system to a "Previous Systems" folder.

What you need to find is the "AppleHDVCodec.component" codec. It should be located in your root/Library/Quicktime folder. Do a search with spotlight and hopefully you will find it in the "Previous Systems/Library/Quicktime" folder and then you can just move it into the proper Quicktime folder in your new system. The same goes for any other codecs that may have gone missing after the upgrade.

Indeed, that's the problem. Thanks.

Anthony Pascucci July 26th, 2007 10:35 AM

AppleHDVcodec.componant

How can I get the AppleHDVcodec?? I'm having the same problem, but cannot find this anywhere. Please help!!