what is benefit of dual monitor setup - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 22nd, 2006, 06:31 PM   #16
Wrangler

Patrick: Actually I use a widescreen HD LCD monitor myself and not a CRT. But I don't strive to have my work shown on TV. I have done quite a bit of work with large 10,000 lumen venue projectors, and I think the LCD screen actually gives you a very good idea of what to expect from them - probably better than a broadcast CRT would.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 09:55 PM   #17
Major Player

If dual monitors is a concern google screen spanning doctor. They have developed a hack that lets you use 2 monitors with an imac. I personally use 2 ibm 18" lcd's and a 20" sony component monitor instead of the single 23. It's nice to have your viewer and canvas at 100%, an additional tool window and a two and a half foot timeline. People here a talking about mousing around but I guarantee you that you'll do more mousing moving and resizing windows than you will just working in a 2 screen environment. We use the 23 for the older g4 because it makes everything else looks like doodoo. Still holding my breath for a second 23. Good Luck, Jason.
Jason Varner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2006, 11:47 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I have 2 20's and a 14" JVC NTSC with my G5 and for FCP it's a thing of beauty to see 120 archival video's filling up the second monitor in view as large icon mode. On the primary monitor is the timeline which to me is just the right size to work in without needing to move the mouse around too much. But, sometimes I like to get busy with After Effects, and I find two monitors useless for AE which tends to be an up and down program so I was wondering about some of these displays that do tilting at 90 degrees. Anyway's, two displays for FCP has really increased productivity, and I have hacked the I-mac for two display's which worked quite nice, and before that I started out on FCP ver.1 with a 14" G3 powerbook so I guess I paid my dues on that one.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite