DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 6th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #1
Major Player

Crashing in Motion

I just purchased Final Cut Studio and very pleased with it. Motion 2.0 is wonderful. I do have a question which I hope to resolve through experimentation and research: when I'm performing text operations using effects I sometimes crash and I'm going to try to make this happen again this evening to see exactly when this happens, what I'm doing. The program just disappears, boom and I can boot back up fine. Everything else seems to work fine, no slow down problems, nothing else. I expect it's some incapability or font issue, just not sure.

Has anyone else experienced this while working with text?
Lucinda Luvaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 10:27 PM   #2
New Boot

it has happend to me

hi Lucinda yep the same thing has happned to me. and it also does it during RAM preview sometimes. i dont know why it happens and latey the project that has been crashing is also runing really slow i can't even play it in real time anymore.
Matt Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 12:23 AM   #3
Inner Circle

You guys might consider repairing permissions and even resetting your PRAM.
Old March 7th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks guys. I worked all night with it and it didn't happen, working really well. I love this program! What reminds me of this error or whatever is something that happened in Premiere's bin for files and clips, sometimes the app would crash for seemingly no reason.

I think I was bending the text too much in Motion and perhaps using too many effects too fast.

I do have another issue tho' and that's a size issue. When I import a clip from FCP 5 to Motion, work on it in Motion and reimport to FCP it looks as tho it's 4:3 instead of 16:9 even tho' the clip size is anamorphic DV NTSC SD....do you know why the size changes?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Lucinda

P.S. I've been reading on apple forums for Motion about crashing and a number of people have complained of this regardless of system i.e. Tiger or Panther, ram, etc... perhaps it's a fix that Apple needs to tend to? not sure.
Lucinda Luvaas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite