Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 12th, 2006, 02:34 PM   #1
New Boot

no audio monitoring while logging

Hello,

I am new to FCP but have used other NLE's. I am currently stumped by what should be quite simple. I am not getting any monitoring audio while attempting to log tape. The audio meter is moving to show the audio is there, but I can't hear it while logging. The book says to check the audio monitoring box under the appropriate tab. I found the box with no problem but it is uncheckable. For whatever reason FCP will not let me check it off.

I get audio fine while viewing other clips that have already been imported just not real time audio while viewing straight from the camera.

What stupid simple little step am I missing that will allow me check of the box to activate audio monitoring????

Thanks

-Bill
William Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #2
Wrangler

While you have the log and capture tool open, go to the clip settings tab. There is a checkbox there for audio preview. It doesn't default to the checked mode.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2006, 05:23 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston
While you have the log and capture tool open, go to the clip settings tab. There is a checkbox there for audio preview. It doesn't default to the checked mode.

-gb-
After consulting the manual, that is the first thing I tried......the problem is that I am unable to check the box. It is readable, but very faint as in the way computers show things that should be available but aren't for some particular reason. How do I make the box checkable???

I hope that made sense

-Bill

-Bill
William Potter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite