Invisible files on firewire disk? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 14th, 2006, 01:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Invisible files on firewire disk?

I want to free up one of the disks I´ve been using for a project. I thought I had copied and moved all relevant material, but when I remove the disk from the system, video files which cant be found anywhere, not on the disk in question, or on any other disk, appear offline in my sequence. Where are these files?

When I try to reconnect the files with the disk unplugged, the location path described starts with "trashes:501(...)". Has anyone had similar problems?
Old April 14th, 2006, 03:30 AM   #2
Wrangler

Sounds like you inadvertently moved something necessary to the trash. Open the trash with that disk plugged in, and put the files in a folder on the other drive. Then see if you can reconnect them when you take the external drive offline.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 03:42 AM   #3
Regular Crew

The trash has been emptied with and without the disk plugged in, and the files are still online. The only difference I can detect since my latest emptying of the trashcan, is that the clips on my timeline now displays the "media offline" thumbnail, while it plays as usual, and is still online in my bins.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite