DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Trouble printing internet clips in FCP to video!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/65459-trouble-printing-internet-clips-fcp-video.html)

Jeff Ray April 19th, 2006 12:09 PM

Trouble printing internet clips in FCP to video!!!

Hey guys,

So I've got these full-res clips that I downloaded off the internet and I imported them into final cut pro and cut them together for a project I'm doing. Everything was going fine (it did take an extremely long time to render these clips, which I found odd, but anyway) and so when it came time to export it to a miniDV tape, I was surprised and frustrated when I would begin printing to my video camera, only to have the image not appear!

The audio is recorded to the miniDV tape, and the visuals are playing on my computer screen as the video is recording, but it's not showing up on my camera! What is going on?! I'm under a bit of a deadline, so any help would be great.

Thanks guys.

(Sidenote: I've also started having trouble saving on this particular project, everytime I try a window pops up saying "File Error: Unknown File" followed by "Autosave: File Error: Unknown File" What is happening?!)

Shane Ross April 19th, 2006 01:29 PM

Full res clips in what format? What codec? In order to work with these clips without rendering, the timeline settings must match the clips settings in every way. For a quick tutorial on a nifty trick on how to do that, go to www.proapptips.com/shane and click on EDITING NON-STANDARD FCP CODECS.

Now, the only format that you can output to miniDV via firewire is DV/NTSC. So in order to get them to tape, they need to be on a DV timeline. And here is a set of tips for you to try to get an image out to your camera/deck:

#8 External Monitor Viewing.

Shane's Stock Answer #8:

A simple path is mac > firewire > camera or deck > rca cables > tv

Then start up your camera and tv, then open fcp.

Then go View > External video > all frames
Video playback should be Apple firewire NTSC (If you are using an NTSC set)
Audio playback should be Audio follows Video

Techinially, this should send synched video to your TV

If for some reason you can't view your timeline on your external monitor, there are a few things to try:

1) Make sure that the camera/deck is connected and powered on BEFORE you open FCP.

2) In the Final Cut Pro menu select AUDIO/VIDEO Preferences and make sure your signal is being sent out thru Firewire DV.

3) Go to the menu and select VIEW>EXTERNAL>ALL FRAMES.

4) Click in the % box above the image and select FIT TO WINDOW.

5) Go to VIEW->refresh A/V devices

6) Make sure the Log & Capture window is closed

If you want it to play in both the canvas and the external monitor you need to go to the FINAL CUT PRO menu and select AUDIO/VIDIO settings and make sure MIRROR ON DESKTOP is selected under the PLAYBACK OUTPUT section

Joe Lawry April 19th, 2006 06:31 PM

a prob

no point in starting another topic when im having a similar problem.

Running FCP 5.0.4

Trying to print PAL - DV (not dvcam) shot on a PD150p onto tape via a Canon MV530i which i use as a deck.

I've done this before fine through Premiere pro, which i haven't used in a long time, and for some reason im not getting any video or audio being recorded onto tape.

I've gone through and checked the audio video prefs and also the external - all frames setting, and they are correct. But still im getting nothing onto this tape. I know its not the tape, its brand new, and i know its not the camera, as as much as i hated to do it, i tired doing it through my pd150 (trying to keep this in as good a shape than ever so never! use it as a deck)

I haven't tired hooking up the camera via the rca's to an external monitor.. guess i should.

but yea, im rather stumped. This tape was ment to be in the post before the end of the day. It is only 12:30 pm here so i have time..

Shane Ross April 19th, 2006 06:53 PM

Joe, your issue is completely different. You are trying to import footage that FCP has presets for. The original poster is trying to work with files that don't appear in the EASY SETUPS.

Try a new post.

Joe Lawry April 19th, 2006 07:16 PM

I was just trying to keep the forum less cluttered.. i didn't think they were that different as they were both printing to tape issues. But anyway, i've created a new topic. Thanks.