Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 22nd, 2006, 09:11 AM   #1
Regular Crew

12p in Final Cut Express HD?

Hi,

I'm doing a shortfilm for one of my mates. It's a mockup of a popular and wellrespected documentary called "The perfect man". The Perfect man is shot in 12p and we want that aswell :)

I Have a panasonic GS400 PAL. It can give me 25p.

So my question is - is it possible to convert it to 12p in Final Cut Express HD? Or is there an app out there, that'll do the trick?

Thanks!
Thomas Hartz-Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 01:05 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I am FAR from an expert on such things, but I *think* what you're looking for can be found at http://www.nattress.com

I recently grabbed his Film Effects and Set 1 and just finished a music video that was made to look like 12p B&W film. Fun, and the client loved it. I'm not sure if it will take PAL footage to 12p- instead it can do 12.5p or 10p. Once it converts to progressive, it pulls it down back into the standard timeline so you're still working with a PAL timeline.

I've only had it for about a week so there's probably someting I'm missing. Hopefully someone esle will come along to confirm/deny/add more information.

The nattress effects are listed for Final Cut Pro so I'm not certain they'll work with Express. You'd think they would...

Take care,
Chris
Chris Shaeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 02:58 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Okay thanks. Problem is that plugins isn't an option unless I convince the sysadmin to install it. But that's not likely to happen. They tend to be quite protective about it (system stability etcetera).
Thomas Hartz-Olsson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite