Magic Bullet FCP Issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 7th, 2006, 08:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Magic Bullet FCP Issues

I had a working version of magic bullet on my FCP that worked fine up until two weeks ago. All of a sudden I started to get this message that said AE Effects Error: Unable to find plugin"MB Looksuite FCP" Do you wish to load plugin from another directory? Then I go and say yes and search for that plugin which is in the appropriate plugins folder as I understand it and then click it and FCP crashes or it does nothing. I deleted it, the magic bullet plugins and proceeded to reinstall however the same problem is happening. Why is it saying AE error? After Effects error? What does that have to do with Final Cut Pro? I tried downloading the demo magic bullet for editors and the look suite plugin, the only plugin that really matters can't be accessed, the same message is occuring. I am in the middle of an important job for a client and really need to get this plugin working again on my machine. Has anyone else experienced this problem? What can I possibly do to get this plugin working again?
Ralph Sturgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Ralph,
I had the same problem. The M.B. site mentions a problem caused by OS 10.4.6. Go to the M.B. support page and follow the link from there for a revised OS X update. I'm assuming that this will fix it...it did for me.
Mel Namnama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #3
Major Player

There are several plug-ins that were broken by 10.4.6. Magic Bullet is one of them and there are also some issues with the RevisionFX plug-ins. You should check web sites of both developers for fixes.

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite