DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 11th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #1
New Boot

Pre-Set: Show All?

Hi,
I'm trying to set up FCP 4.0 for my XL2 16:9 24p advanced footage, and when I go to select the pre-set the only options I get are DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, OfflineRT NTSC, and OfflineRT PAL, and when I click 'Show All' I still only get these four. Does anyone know how I can set up FCP for my footage?

Thanks
Joe Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #2
New Boot

Go to system setting and set up your Sequence for 23.98 and anamorphic. Then set your capture settings for 23.98 advanced pulldown and anamorphic. That should work or else you can just capture it at 29.97 with anamorphic and dump it into cinema tools to remove the extra frames.

I would suggest reading the FCP manual, I've had a lot success with that in the past.
Jack McTigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:27 PM   #3
Wrangler

Are you really on FCP 4.0? I don't know if that version had native 24p support - I know that FCP 3 did not. Regardless, you should upgrade to FCP 4.5. It should be a free upgrade for you: http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...lcutprohd.html
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite