Can you burn a DVD WITHOUT menus in iDVD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Can you burn a DVD WITHOUT menus in iDVD?

Hey, I had to make an animation that is going to play onto some 10 foot screens durring a show. I just want to have it loop (It's a 30 second loop that I rendered out to 20 minutes). I know that playing it from dvd is not the most perfect way of doing it and that it will stall every 20 minutes for a second, but it's going to have to do.

Anyhooooo. I need to burn a dvd without menus so that all I have to do is push the dvd in and hit the repeat button. Is there anyway to use iDVD (don't ask why I'm using iDVD, i'm just stuck with it at the moment) and not use one of those stupid templates with drop zones? I just want a dvd like i like my wiskey, straight up.
Old June 9th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #2
Regular Crew

In Customize, Use the drop down menu and show "all themes" pick a theme that doesn't have any motion and create your open screen. Drag your file onto the screen and set it for text only. I usually just name it "PLAY". Next, in Map, click on the file to be played and on the toolbar, under advanced select "loop movie".
Lorne Mathre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #3
Major Player

TmpgEnc DVD Author does it well. I think they have downloadable trial software in their page as well.
Frank Hool is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite