Blackmagic Multibridge Extreme issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 30th, 2006, 01:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Blackmagic Multibridge Extreme issues

Hi guys, having a little bit of a problem with connecting a Multibridge Extreme and 30" Apple display to my G5 Powermac. Getting a picture and sound has been easy, but the image displayed on the screen has a lot of artifacting that makes it look as if it was interlaced.

If I go into the System Preferences, I see that my Mac is recognising the Multibridge/30 display as a Television with a maximum refresh rate of 24 Hertz at 2048 x 1556, if I drop the resolution down to 1280 x 720 I can choose a refresh rate of 60 Hertz, but now the image is unacceptably low in resolution.

Please can you help me, I'm already balding and this is making my remaining follicles quiver.

Thanks in advance
John

P.S. I am running a Dual 2 GHz PowerPc G5 with 3.5 GB Ram and a NVDA Gforce 6600LE graphics card

Last edited by John Jencks; July 30th, 2006 at 11:19 AM.
John Jencks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

John,

The Decklink and AJA cards are designed to allow real-time monitoring to an NTSC or broadcast monitor, that's why the image looks interlaced, because it is. As long as your monitor conforms to NTSC standards the image should look fine, assuming you've setup the card properly. Connecting it to a computer display won't look right because it's not an NTSC-type display.

Connect the Cinema display to your nVidia card, connect your external NTSC monitor to the Decklink card.
Old July 31st, 2006, 11:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane
that's why the image looks interlaced, because it is.
Walks out of appartment, and on to street.
Runs at full speed towards brick wall.
Hits head, falls over.
Stands up and takes a bow.

Robert, thank you very much for your help.
John Jencks is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite