DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio problem FCE

I've kinda sorta outgrown imovie. Picked up FCE and am anxious to start playing with it but for some reason when I go to capture footage from the camera, I can see the footage but I have no audio.

The little audio bars on the side are jumping up and down and if I look at the fottage in imovie teh audio is clear.

I'm assuming it's as easy as pushing some button in FCE somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone have advice?

thanks,

BO'B
Brett OBourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Major Player

Hey Brett, do you mean that you have no audio in your log and capture window or that after you capture there is no audio? I think by default the "preview" audio button is unchecked in log and capture window's capture settings tab (that is assuming that it is the same as FCP) if you want to hear audio while logging and capturing just hit that button otherwise you can monitor through your camera. Do a quick test and see if you have audio in your clip after you capture, it should be there.
Old August 7th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

yea, I can hear the audio after the clip is logged but I can't seem to locate that preview button so that I can hear the audio as I'm scanning through the tape. It's footage of a band so it's kind of important I'm able to hear it.

BO'B
Brett OBourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 03:27 PM   #4
Major Player

Try in the clip settings tab of the log and capture window. If not you can monitor audio by using speakers or headphones plugged into your camera or deck.
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #5
New Boot

This is the answer from the FAQ on apple's website:

Question 2: Why can't I hear audio while capturing?

Answer: To hear audio during the capture process, connect headphones or speakers to your camera or deck.
Bryan Kidd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite