DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   motion problems anyone? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/73473-motion-problems-anyone.html)

Alex Beaupre August 12th, 2006 12:45 AM

motion problems anyone?

Hows it going all?
Just wondering if anyone else was having random problems with motion. Now it could just be my system (I am pretty much running the bare minimum system requirements on a powerbook g4). But ive never had the problems that I am experiencing now. One is where my projcet will just jump forward a few frames, and I havent found a way to fix that, the problem occurs upon export as well. Another and one of the more annoying problems is when I apply a simple motion path, and when I go to extend and move the path motion will not let me select the red dot at the end of the line that you need to use in order to manipulate the motion path. Anyways if you managed to figure out anything I wrote and have any tips or have experienced some of the same things let me know. Thanks for reading, I hope that made some sense (its hard to explain via messageboard).

Alex B.

Cale Rogers August 13th, 2006 11:16 AM

Hello,

Motion is BIG on hardware specs. Your PowerBook doesn't have enough juice to run Motion effectily unless you limit your project to simple objects, text, a few layers and no emitters or particles. I don't have much trouble with Motion running on a Duel 2.0GHz PowerMac workstation until I add mutilple particles, or emitters to a project. When I try to modifity a workstation Motion project on my PowerBook, the performace just isn't as manageable. The best compositing experience I've found is running After Effects 6.5 on my PowerBook. You may want look into that program as an option. The renders can be long, but AE performs acceptably on a laptop and makes a good partner for Moiton.

Try hitting F4 to open the layer tab to directly grab the motion path you're having trouble selecting in the canvis. Hope that helps,

CJ Rogers

Nick Weeks August 13th, 2006 11:30 AM

I've also had trouble selecting the red dot, but if it's something like text on a motion path, move the text forward a few frames until its far enough away from the red dot you need to grab... this usually works for me.

I have the G5 dual with 3GB of RAM and Motion still runs sluggish

Kevin Calumpit August 14th, 2006 12:15 AM

Hey nick not sure what kinda video card you have but also having a really good video card makes motion run smoother.

Alex Beaupre August 15th, 2006 12:31 AM

Hey thanks for the tips guys, Im gonna try them out. Luckly for me I found a way to finish my project, but Im still gonna look into why it isnt running right. More than anything Im sure is just the fact that my computer really cant handle it. Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Have a good one.

Alex B.