24p audio sounds funny at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #1
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 471
24p audio sounds funny

Hi,

I used AIC to capture some 24p footage from my HD100.

I used cinema tools to convert it to 23.98 then in FCP I imported the files on to a 23.98 timeline sequence. The audio is the only thing that requires rendering but when I do this it sounds all pitched down and slow.

How can I fix this?
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:52 AM   #2
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,100
There's no real way to fix it.

You could speed up the audio, but the problem is once you speed it up, it plays faster, and doesn't provide audio for the entire clip. Follow? When the audio is slowed down to 40% and covers the entire 24p clip, then when you speed it up you're missing the other 60%.

In effect, when you bring in 720p24 that way, you better not need your audio.
__________________
My Work: nateweaver.net
Nate Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Marcos, CALIFORNIA
Posts: 103
havent really worked with 24p footage yet.....just wondering if you could find the audio file from the originally captured footage before you sent it to cinema tools and use that audio
Kevin Calumpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:58 AM   #4
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,100
Yes you can, but that audio will on cover the first 40% of the clip after it's conformed.
__________________
My Work: nateweaver.net
Nate Weaver is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:27 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network