DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 30th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mini dv footage in DV Pal 48Hrz Project

Dear friends,

I am working on a 'making of' on my macbook pro with Final cut Studio. In this project I am filming and editing in DV Pal 48 khz, but a part of it is filmed on a simple mini dv camera and there the problems start. When I want to edit footage from the mini dv camera I got a warning after I captured it (capturing without sound), that says: The audio sample of one or more of your captured media files does not match the sample rate on the source tape. This may cause the video and audio of these media files to be out of sync. Make sure the audio sample rate of your capture preset matches the sample rate of your tape... I speaks for itself, but when I check the capture setting it is all 48 khz. I captured it either way and the audio is fine when I place it in the timeline.
My question now is:
- Do I get a problem if I export the project?
- Is there anyway I can avoid these problem when I have to capture these footage?
- I all ready put some footage in the project, so if I have to change the captured footage is there anyway I can do this without changing the whole project?
I hope somebody knows this and can help me. Thank you in advance.

Greetings Niels
Niels Neeskens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 12:05 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Nobody? :(
Niels Neeskens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 09:44 PM   #3
Tourist

I realize that some time has passed since your post, but I just recently learned about this. It seems that there was a problem with the previous version of the operating system or the previous version of iTunes that would cause iTunes to change some settings for Quicktime that would cause problems with Final Cut's audio capture. Sync problems on the capture drove me nuts on a project I was working on a couple of months back. After I updated the OS to 10.4.8 and updated iTunes, my most recent Final Cut project has gone smoothly. I'm no expert and this is all kind of anecdotal, but look into running the Software Update to fix your sync problems.
Dave Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 02:45 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey Dave,

I used the footage either way, and had no problem in the end result of it, so it must be fine... Thanks for your help anyway.

Niels
Niels Neeskens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite