FCP 5.1.2 NOW AVAILABLE with 720P24 & 720P25 native support - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 11th, 2006, 05:26 AM   #91
Major Player

I'll give this a try sometime early next week and see if I can recreate the same thing - potentially very good news.
David - did you try it with your own start and stops within the footage as well as the continuous take?
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 07:56 AM   #92
Major Player

Ok, I have finished testing the possibility that setting time code to record rather than regen mode in part at least addresses the capture problem in 25P. By capture problem I mean arbitrary breaks in clips and missing portions of clips. (I am not referring to problems experienced by failure to adequately allow for pre and post roll)

On a recent shoot I had two JVCHD100s. One was set to regen and one was set to record mode for time code.

I also did a further shoot subsequently where the camera was set to record mode.

I have successfully captured both the tapes which were set to record mode without any mid clip breaks. In each case I predominantly used clip capture method (marking in and out points). On one occasion this did not work so I used capture now and that successfully captured the clip. In no case did I experience mid clip breaks. So, there do appear to be some problems but the main pain in the arse was mid clip breaks.

On the tape which was recorded when the camera was set to regen mode which i have just finished capturing the dreaded mid clip break occurred on multiple occasions and I had to resort to all the awful and time consuming workarounds.

Of course, I wait upon other people' experiences and further testing myself but this appears hopeful. I will be doing some further shooting next week and we will see what happens.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:45 PM   #93
Tourist

Looking for the FCP 5.1.2

Hi,
Sorry for the unusual request
Recently I bought via ebay desktop G5 with Final Cut Pro 5.1 in it. Seller promised me to transfer registration for FCP on my name, however he didn't and did not contact to me any more. I got stuck with not registered FCP 5.1 and can't upgrade it to FCP 5.1.2. If somebody would be willing to send me upgrade file for FCP5.1.2 I could be happy to pay $30.00 for help.
Sincerely, Eugen
eugenhvideo@hotmail.com
Eugen Helmbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 03:15 AM   #94
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugen Helmbrecht
Hi,
Recently I bought via ebay desktop G5 with Final Cut Pro 5.1 in it. Seller promised me to transfer registration for FCP on my name, however he didn't and did not contact to me any more. I got stuck with not registered FCP 5.1 and can't upgrade it to FCP 5.1.2. If somebody would be willing to send me upgrade file for FCP5.1.2 I could be happy to pay $30.00 for help.
Sincerely, Eugen
eugenhvideo@hotmail.com
In the UK the upgrade requires the original install discs as proof. Do you have those?
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 01:24 AM   #95
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Castiglione
Ok, I have finished testing the possibility that setting time code to record rather than regen mode in part at least addresses the capture problem in 25P. By capture problem I mean arbitrary breaks in clips and missing portions of clips. (I am not referring to problems experienced by failure to adequately allow for pre and post roll)

On a recent shoot I had two JVCHD100s. One was set to regen and one was set to record mode for time code.

I also did a further shoot subsequently where the camera was set to record mode.

I have successfully captured both the tapes which were set to record mode without any mid clip breaks. In each case I predominantly used clip capture method (marking in and out points). On one occasion this did not work so I used capture now and that successfully captured the clip. In no case did I experience mid clip breaks. So, there do appear to be some problems but the main pain in the arse was mid clip breaks.

On the tape which was recorded when the camera was set to regen mode which i have just finished capturing the dreaded mid clip break occurred on multiple occasions and I had to resort to all the awful and time consuming workarounds.

Of course, I wait upon other people' experiences and further testing myself but this appears hopeful. I will be doing some further shooting next week and we will see what happens.

Rob
I have had the mid break ups as well. Its funny reading this thread and seeing that others have had the same issue. I have been just doing the whole recapture the missing pieces thing which is time consuming but it gets the job done.

I have a shoot tomorrow, and the switch is going to regen mode! I will see how that works. I have been using REC ever since I bought the hd100s. If this actually works, I owe you guys big!

I'll will post my results.
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:27 PM   #96
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Young
It's still there. In fact, I'm getting closer to an 8 second loss. Not good.
we are having the same problems. is there anything that you guys know that we can do, besides rolling for 8 seconds before we move in our slate ...

thanks
markus
Markus Lanxinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #97
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugen Helmbrecht
Hi,
Sincerely, Eugen
eugenhvideo@hotmail.com
Just run software update. You don't need to be registered if you have installed with your own serial number.
Old December 9th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #98
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Lanxinger
we are having the same problems. is there anything that you guys know that we can do, besides rolling for 8 seconds before we move in our slate ...

thanks
markus
Hey Markus,
Chech post #51 on this thread... You should go to the device control presets and change the pre/post roll time to 1 second each (that's the leats it can be set).
Good luck,
Sergio.
Sergio Barbosa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite