DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Final Cut Pro 5.0.4 HDV codec ,playback issues (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/75437-final-cut-pro-5-0-4-hdv-codec-playback-issues.html)

Luciano Alexandresco September 13th, 2006 01:29 PM

Final Cut Pro 5.0.4 HDV codec ,playback issues

I just got the new intel mac pro descktop computer.I'm still running on the FCP 5.0.4.I was editting a video shot on hdv(canon XLH1) ,finished it,and exported the timeline as a HDV quictime !
When I was trying to playback the video full screen,on my 23" apple monitor ,straight from quicktime player,a message apeared,telling me i need another codec in order to playback full hdv !
On my old descktop g5 computer,i didn't have that problem!I was able to playback quicktime hdv full screen!

Does anyone know what CODEC I need and WHERE to get IT?

William Hohauser September 13th, 2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luciano Alexandresco
I just got the new intel mac pro descktop computer.I'm still running on the FCP 5.0.4.I was editting a video shot on hdv(canon XLH1) ,finished it,and exported the timeline as a HDV quictime !
When I was trying to playback the video full screen,on my 23" apple monitor ,straight from quicktime player,a message apeared,telling me i need another codec in order to playback full hdv !
On my old descktop g5 computer,i didn't have that problem!I was able to playback quicktime hdv full screen!

Does anyone know what CODEC I need and WHERE to get IT?

How did you get that version of Final Cut to work? You need Final Cut 5.1 for the Mac Pro.

Scott Jaco September 13th, 2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Hohauser
How did you get that version of Final Cut to work? You need Final Cut 5.1 for the Mac Pro.

That's what I was going to ask. I'm sure your Rosetta is working overtime right now!

Get 5.1

Nate Weaver September 13th, 2006 08:10 PM

You're getting a dialog saying Quicktime player can't play back something full screen? That sounds like you need to enter a serial for Quicktime Pro.

Luciano Alexandresco September 14th, 2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Hohauser

It just worked!We also set it rosetta!It's still working,but i gues not at the speed it supposed to work!

Luciano Alexandresco September 14th, 2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
You're getting a dialog saying Quicktime player can't play back something full screen? That sounds like you need to enter a serial for Quicktime Pro.

I have the quicktime pro version!That's not the problem!It just won't play the hdv codec(the timeline in FCP was set to HDV,so when I exported it,i used the first option of quicktime from the FILE-EXPORT MOVIE-TO QUICKTIME)
I worked with HDV codec before on my old G5,and I always exported my projects the same!Than when the quicktime movie was created ,usaually it has the FCP quicktime icon! Then I usually "control click" on the icon and OPEN WITH-QUICKTIME.Then the window opens and i usually view the movie created in full rez(HDV) full screen!
On the new mac pro I open the quicktime movie the same,I can play it full screen,but all you see is white,and you just hear the sound!Also a message apear "some necessary QuickTime software is missing.It may be aviable on the Quicktime Web site" but it takes me to a page which it has nothing to do with the HDV playback!
My question was if anybody encounter this problem,and found a solution,or a specific codec to download for quicktime!

Thank you guys!

Jason Lowe September 18th, 2006 08:35 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if this were a conflict between the universal binary version of quicktime that would have come pre-installed on the Mac Pro and the old version of FCP running under Rosetta.