DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 2nd, 2006, 11:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cinema Display slow to turn on?

Has anyone had this problem?

I have a G5 and a 23" HD Cinema Display that are about 4 months old. Up until a week ago the display would fire up about 5 seconds after I turned on the computer. Now it take 10 minutes or not at all. I've tried resetting the displays power button but that did not seem to work either.

Thanks,

Carlos
Carlos San Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 07:01 AM   #2
Wrangler

Never saw that problem on mine. It could be an issue with either the graphics card, LCD screen or its power supply. For staters I would try connecting another screen to the computer and see what happens. If that's OK, see if you can plug the cinema display into another computer.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #3
Regular Crew

It turns out I had a bad power supply on the Cinema Display. The wierd thing was that if I unpluged it for about an hour and then pluged it back in, it would work. Which was why I was getting so pissed because every time I took it in to Apple it would work fine. I'd bring it home and it would work (the first time), but every time I would try to restart it... no go! Very strange!

Carlos
Carlos San Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Power supplies do go bad. I had one go bad on a 17" display and two G4's (after 6 years). Display symptom was that it would turn off and on. Unplugging it for a second or two would stabilize. Eventually, it just went out. Heat is the enemy of electronics. If your supply is tucked away without ventilation like mine was, caveat emptor.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite