DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Audio Video sync issue in final cut pro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/77671-audio-video-sync-issue-final-cut-pro.html)

Gary Williams October 17th, 2006 02:38 PM

Audio Video sync issue in final cut pro

Has the Audio Video sync issue been worked out in the new update of final cut pro yet for HD editing.

Nathan VanHoose October 18th, 2006 09:20 PM

What am I missing? I never heard about the AV sync problems. I've edited tons of HDV and the only time I had a problem with AV sync was when I didn't have the audio follows video option selected. :)

Gary Williams October 19th, 2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan VanHoose
What am I missing? I never heard about the AV sync problems. I've edited tons of HDV and the only time I had a problem with AV sync was when I didn't have the audio follows video option selected. :)

Sorry I was talking about the 24p issue there has always been a audio video lag over longer edits to my knowledge

Nate Weaver October 19th, 2006 11:09 PM

I'm not aware of any issue...I've finished about 20-25 long form concerts in FCP in the last 3 years all edited on 23.98 timelines.

Where did you hear of a problem?

Gary Williams October 20th, 2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
I'm not aware of any issue...I've finished about 20-25 long form concerts in FCP in the last 3 years all edited on 23.98 timelines.

Where did you hear of a problem?

I heard it from Andrew Young in a previous post and also here in a post of Andrew Young and Scott Jaco talking about it in Tim Dashwoods Sticky on the new final cut pro update in the Hd100 section so Nate am I reading this wrong, Im not sure but it sounds like a problem when editing 24p maybe your work around is better than theirs or maybee I am misunderstanding the problem.
Originally Posted by Scott Jaco
My question is.....did apple fix the capture problem where we loose 4 seconds between each clip w/ scene detection?

I'm using AIC to capture 720/30p. It is a good work around to avoid loosing the first 4 seconds of each clip. Do you think apple fixed this? I would love to capture native HDV footage.

It's still there. In fact, I'm getting closer to an 8 second loss. Not good.

Nate Weaver October 20th, 2006 07:50 PM

That's the problem. Your original post asked about an audio/video sync issue, but your last post refers to the timecode break/missing material problem that everybody's having.

So we're talking about different problems, one of which is very real (the latter). So I guess the answer is no, it's not fixed, although Paolo has advised how to minimize it with short pre-roll times.

Gary Williams October 22nd, 2006 09:54 AM

Quote:

That's the problem. Your original post asked about an audio/video sync issue, but your last post refers to the timecode break/missing material problem that everybody's having.

So we're talking about different problems, one of which is very real (the latter). So I guess the answer is no, it's not fixed, although Paolo has advised how to minimize it with short pre-roll times.

So as long as I don't see a time code break in any of my footage then when I put it into the system to edit in final cut I wont have any issues correct it's only if their are breaks in the time code and I can avoid that by peviewing each clip after I take it.

Nate Weaver October 22nd, 2006 11:01 AM

No, that's the issue. FCP detects TC breaks even when there aren't any there, really. Not any that would be apparent to an observer, anyway.

The problem was there before the 24p update, and appears to be still around.

Gary Williams October 22nd, 2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

No, that's the issue. FCP detects TC breaks even when there aren't any there, really. Not any that would be apparent to an observer, anyway.

The problem was there before the 24p update, and appears to be still around.

obviously it has not been an issue for you how have you been working around it if you dont mind me asking?