Import with 1CCD or 3CCD Camcorder? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 21st, 2006, 05:03 PM   #1
Tourist

Import with 1CCD or 3CCD Camcorder?

If I import with a 1CCD Camcorder will I lose any quality compared to importing with a 3CCD Camcorder?

(I know the that chip relates to aquisition and not reading of the tape but I need to know if the technology in a 1 chip camera, which is more easily accessible to me, will deteriorate the quality of my footage.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chris Nunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 05:06 PM   #2
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn
If I import with a 1CCD Camcorder will I lose any quality compared to importing with a 3CCD Camcorder?

(I know the that chip relates to aquisition and not reading of the tape but I need to know if the technology in a 1 chip camera (which is more easily accesible to me) will deteriote the quality of my footage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You'll be fine. The tape is all 1's and 0's. If it it can read it, it will look exactly like the same on whatever deck you play it on. Many people buy inexpensive single chip cameras to use for ingest to save wear and tear on the deck and transport of their more expensive cameras.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite