Any recommendations on a good instruction manual for Final Cut Express? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 1st, 2007, 11:54 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks Kevin!

Thanks again, Cole - I do have 'Filmmaking for Dummies' and 'Digital Video for Dummies', so I am a fan of the 'Dummies' books! I do think I'm going to wait it out, 'til my book/DVD arrives!
Linda Schodowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 02:03 PM   #17
Trustee

no worries...I have 2 of the apple pro books arriving tomorrow "FCE" & "Shake"...should be fun!
Old January 17th, 2007, 08:10 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Schodowsky
I recently upgraded from my eMac, to an iMac with a nice 20" screen (yeah!). Along with my iMac, I included the Final Cut Express as part of the purchase. All I can say is 'wow!'. Both for the fact that I am in awe, when I compare it to iMovie, and am also in awe when I see just how much I need to learn about FC Express, before I can do some decent editing.

The manual that is provided via PDF is quite huge - over 1,000 pages. I am hoping to find something a bit more streamlined so I can learn how to use it properly a bit more quickly and efficiantly. The DV Tutorial that comes with it is nice, but not quite what I am looking for when I comes to instructions on all of FCE's particulars.

I'm a type of person that needs to go at my own pace, which can be fast in some areas, while crawling at a snail's pace in others. Upon some research at Apple's website, I ran across 2 particular instruction manuals:

Final Cut Express HD for Mac OSX VQG
Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Express

I really want to just purchase one of the two, or will gladly take suggestions if there is another book or learning tool out there. I like things shown to me step by step, or explained in detail. (bad brain accident years ago makes learning new things rather hard at times!) That's not to say I'm completely clueless, by any means. It's just that FCE, when compared to iMovie, is a whole 'nuther beast.

Thanks in advance!
You are like me step by step, lesson by lesson, the Apple training Series, by Diana Weynand for FCE is the way to go. At times very basic but each lesson complements each other, and in addition you learn a few things about the Mac OS.

Luis
Luis A. Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks. I just picked up the book from the bookstore yesterday and am looking it over. I do believe it is just what I was looking for.

I'm keeping all of the other suggestions in mind still. :-)
Linda Schodowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #20
Regular Crew

try lynda

try lynda its an online tutorial of all sorts of programs
Chris Sinista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 04:06 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Thanks, Chris. Yeah, somebody else mentioned that a few posts up. I took a peek at the website. It looks worth it and actually, I might use if for a couple other things as well. They actually have a sample for you to look at. I liked what I saw and am thinking about joining up.
Linda Schodowsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite