DR60 and Final Cut at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 2nd, 2007, 08:05 PM   #1
New Boot

DR60 and Final Cut

Currently, Final Cut captures HDV from the V1U as a QuickTime, using the Apple Intermediate Codec. I'm patiently waiting an update for FCP so I can work with 24p and 30p footage. I'm assuming it would work similarly to Vegas - reading pulldown flags and creating a progressive video file when capturing.

Anyway, our plan is to purchase the DR60 when it's released. Since the footage is stored as an .m2t file, will Final Cut be able to recognize this, as well as the pulldown flags, or will I have to go through a conversion process like Streamclip or HDVxDV? If I do have to convert, it seems to me that it would render the DR60 meaningless if my NLE of choice is Final Cut.

I know this question is a bit ahead of it's time (since this update for FCP does not exist at the time of writing), but I'd like to know if I should plan on switching to another NLE for V1U/DR60 footage.

Thanks,
Alphonse
Alphonse Swinehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:07 AM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

I believe Apple and Sony have a good relationship, because we saw solid support for Sony HDV before any of the other cameras. But, I think we'll see 24F/Canon HDV support (60i and 30F, no problem--not sure about 25F) and hopefully the ability to remove the pulldown from both the V1u footage and Canon's, as well.

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite