DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 13th, 2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help; Video, not audio missing in Quicktime export

Sorry if this has been discussed. I tried searching but didn't know quite what to search for.

I recently finished a small project on FCE and attempted to export a quicktime file. When I played back the file the audio was there, but the video was entirely missing!

I've had this problem with audio before, when a few tracks were muted in the final DVD copy, but have never missed all the video. Does someone know what to do? I'm sure its a very simple solution.

Thanks-
-Alex
Alex Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I assume you at least tried restarting your system. On occasion, I've had strange behavior from the QT player and only needed a restart to fix it.

Some possibilities:
1) When you did File->Export->Quicktime Movie, the drop down on the next screen said "Audio Only" instead of Audio + Video
2) You did File->Export->Using Quicktime Compression and somehow manged to specify a CODEC that is not supported by the player you are using (this is a long stretch)

Can you tell if the file actually contains the video? Look at the file size. A normal export in full DV quality is 3.5 megabytes per second for both audio and video.

Experiment with exporting to video only and audio only to try and narrow down what's really going on.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite