New to FCE HD - Book recommendation? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 9th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #1
Tourist

New to FCE HD - Book recommendation?

Hello to all. I recently sold my Panasonic GS400 and purchased a Sony HDR-HC7. I did my 1st processing job last night so I could post a short clip for others to see. I have FCE 3.0 HD and was somewhat overwhelmed (or just unaware of all of the possibilites and options available). I would love to find a good book that would get me going and make me aware of the plethora of tools available in FCE. I'm not going to be making any films or anything, mostly home videos, but I would like to be able to edit them if I would like.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jeremy

PS. I have an almost 2 year old iMac G5 (not iSight) with the 1.8gHz processor. I have 2GB of RAM and a 250GB HDD. I noticed when I imported the VERY short clip last night (only about a minute) the computer was not able to keep up with the camera. It said something like "39% behind capture" or something like that. Am I going to be able to edit some HD footage with this computer?
Jeremy Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #2
Major Player

Google an author named Tom Wolsky. His FCE books are well thought of (I use one of them myself)
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite