Capture Problem - I have tried everything! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 19th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #1
Tourist

Capture Problem - I have tried everything!

Hi guys,

My problem is that I cannot Log and Capture with FCP 5.1.3 any material from my Canon XL2 (it's a new camera and hence a new problem). Final Cut shows me the Timecode and lets me remote control the deck but it won't give me any picture or sound. What I have tried and done so far is:

1. Safe Boot Procedure

2. Repaired the Permissions

3. Reinstalled the Quicktime
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301852

4. Saved the FCP projects under different names (save as)

5. Created a new account and used FCP under that account

6. Tried all the different capture settings such as PAL, PAL basic etc (I'm in Europe)

7. Trashed FCP preferences

When I connect the Camera via Firewire to the DVD-player it works perfectly, so the FW connection is ok. Also, if I try to capture by using iMovie the same problem takes place: it shows me the timecode and lets me control the deck, but won'd give me picture or sound. Log and Capture fuctions perfectly when I use my Sony TRV950.

The equipment: Macbook Pro 2.16, Canon XL2, FCP 5.1.3, Mac OSX 10.4.8, Quicktime 7.1.3 pro.

So guys, help me out because I know you can!!!
Tom Mikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Try Changing your Easy Setup

Tom, try changing your Easy Setup to Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i50. You'll have to manually que up the tape but it should capture.
Troy Teuscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 05:40 PM   #3
Trustee

This probably isn't your problem, but I just wanted to throw out a quick line to verify that you are in fact trying to capture while the camera is set to VTR mode?
-Jon

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite