DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Text vs Title 3d

When I compare regular FCP Text with Title 3D in the timeline they're about the same--crappy lookin. I thought Title 3D was vector-based and superior in quality. Does the monitor make both look bad where on a tv one could see the differences?

thanks,
elmer
Elmer Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM   #2
Major Player

No titles are really going to look good on your puter monitor .. with or without rendering. Always use a video monitor/TV to judge how your titles look

Title/Crawl 3D is definitely superior to the basic FC titler; you have more control over color, kerning, spacing, etc and, in my opinion, the fonts look better.

FC can be very fussy with the placement of titles; if something doesn't look good even on your TV, try moving it up or down a smidge; you'd be surprised it sometime makes a diff
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite