Editing keyboards at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 28th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London UK
Posts: 35
Editing keyboards

I am using Final Cut Studio on a Macbook Pro & need to get an editing keyboard. Is there much need for a Integrated Jog / Shuttle Controller? The one without the jog wheel costs 4 times less than the one with it. My main concern is workflow efficiency.
Roman Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:22 PM   #2
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 645
I would argue that if you are comfortable with JKL transport control, then a jog shuttle gets you nothing for your money ... your fingers are already on the keyboard and moving them to a separate controller just slows you down.

Best FCP keyboard hands down is the LogicKeyboard from:
http://www.logickeyboard.com/shop/pr...fo.asp?id=1228
available wired, wireless, or just the keycaps
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 03:09 PM   #3
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Rowlands View Post
I am using Final Cut Studio on a Macbook Pro & need to get an editing keyboard. Is there much need for a Integrated Jog / Shuttle Controller? The one without the jog wheel costs 4 times less than the one with it. My main concern is workflow efficiency.
Some people really enjoy the jog/shuttle controller, I never use it anymore. The combo of keyboard and the scroll wheel in the Mighty Mouse is all I need.

Also you can get a standard or wireless Mac keyboard and a zCover silicon keyboard overlay made for Final Cut. Low cost and better looking then the third party keyboards (at least I think so).
__________________
William Hohauser - New York City
Edit/Camera/DCP production/Animation
William Hohauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 11:17 PM   #4
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 645
Quote:
a zCover silicon keyboard overlay made for Final Cut. Low cost and better looking then the third party keyboards
and it protects your keyboard from spaghetti sauce and coffee spills too :-)
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 08:11 AM   #5
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London UK
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Hohauser View Post
Some people really enjoy the jog/shuttle controller, I never use it anymore. The combo of keyboard and the scroll wheel in the Mighty Mouse is all I need.

Also you can get a standard or wireless Mac keyboard and a zCover silicon keyboard overlay made for Final Cut. Low cost and better looking then the third party keyboards (at least I think so).
I saw somewhere these covers for macbooks, does anyone have a link?
Roman Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 08:47 AM   #6
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 645
http://www.kbcovers.com/servlet/Cate...gory=Final+Cut
or
http://www.raidius.com/ProductsNew/P...FinalKeys.html
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 09:33 AM   #7
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London UK
Posts: 35
thanks, appreciated.
Roman Rowlands is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:44 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network